GRANTS & CROWD FUNDING
🅡🅔🅓 🅟🅘🅣🅒🅗 : the South Burnett’s first live crowdfunding event exceeded all expectations!
Red Earth Community Foundation South Burnett is overwhelmed by the generosity displayed towards helping two very worthwhile projects with a hand up.
South Burnett Community Orchestra’s 2019 workshop to provide music relief and fundraising support for drought affected farmers along with Centacare Family Relationship Service’s “She Can – rebuild” workshops attracted over $9,700 in pledges of support!
Jane Kennedy from SBCO and Beck Cross & Erin Jeffs, representing the “She Can–rebuild” project, spoke from the heart outlining how their projects will contribute to an even better South Burnett.
There were several antics and acts of bravery as participants pledged, or were challenged to raise their pledge in support of these two worthy projects.
Mayor Keith Campbell sang the opening line of the National Anthem and also finished the night wearing Kristy Board’s carefully applied red lipstick to help raise the funds that will assist these projects get underway in 2019.
Red Earth looks forward to sharing in the journey that these projects will now take and keep givers up to date with how locals can help locals.
💐 A heartfelt thank you to:
* JC Catering - appealing appetisers, always!
* SBCare Cheryl Dalton for our beautiful venue
(was hard not to get in the giving spirit when surrounded by the gorgeous Christmas decorations)
* Mayor Campbell and Deputy Mayor Kathy Duff for being such great participants (“but it’s for a good cause!”)
* www.southburnett.com.au and The South Burnett Times for sharing the night with us
* And to our generous, fun crowd who took part in making history here in the South Burnett!
💵 Novelty Cheque by Designer Aimez, Nanango 👌